Real Madrid Audi 2013 Event (Part I)
Training | December 3-5, 2013
Tuesday marked the first training of the week. While Khedira and Coentrão resumed their respective recoveries, Varane remained in the gym. Ronaldo was given two days off since he is suspended for Saturday’s Copa match.
Injury update: Sami, who updated his Facebook with a photo and message of thanks to his fans. He’s now in Munich and has begun the next step to his recovery. He’ll be back in Madrid to visit his teammates at the start of January.
- Ancelotti treats 50 of the RM staff to dinner [+ • +]
- Ronaldo’s museum is set to open on December 15
- Morata shuts down rumors about leaving [+]
- UEFA Team of the Year nominees
- Marcelo, Samba de Oro candidate
- Casillas talks BdO, social networking and bullying at event [+ • + • +]
- On December 4, 1983, the Quinta del Buitre made its debut
- RM has the best-scoring trio in Europe’s top 5 leagues (62 goals in 20 games)
- Ancelotti wants Alonso’s renewal as Christmas gift [+]
- Zidane says Ronaldo’s skills are “monstrous"
- Karanka discusses his exit, Casillas, Mourinho, Ronaldo
- Ronaldo won’t be provoked by Platini and has praised the team during his absence [+]
- He’s also the cover boy for So Foot
- RMTV will reportedly be broadcasted for free throughout Spain in January; the club bought a 25% stake in Net TV and the channel will replace Intereconomía TV’s frequency slot
Training | December 6, 2013
In the last training before facing Olímpic Xàtiva, 21 players were put through their paces. The keepers trained under coach Vecchi, while the 17 outfielders did muscle-building exercises and rapid ball work. The injured Khedira, Coentrão and Varane (who remained indoors) followed their usual regimens.
Injury update: In today’s presser, Ancelotti told the media that Varane is working hard to recover from his knee injury and ought to be back by January. He’ll start training with the team on Wednesday. Ronaldo is fully fit and will play against Copenhagen on Tuesday. [+]
The mister addressed the Morata rumors and said the player is happy and will be staying. If at the end of the season he changes his mind, then the club will think about facilitating a loan move.
Alonso’s renewal, while important, isn’t a priority at the moment. The focus right now is finishing the rest of 2013 well. However, the club has talked to Xabi and Ancelotti believes the player will make a decision soon. In regards to Saturday’s game, Xabi is not called up because of the artificial turf they will play on. It’s best he not play on that type of surface.
No starting XI nods were given. Carletto acknowledged the quality of the younger players, who he has faith in. They’ve got nothing to prove; their chances will come. It’s just that they have the misfortune of competing against the likes of Ronaldo, Bale, Modrić, etc.
Squad list (18 players)
Absences: Coentrão, Khedira, Varane (injury) | Ronaldo (sanction) | Alonso (technical decision)
“I don’t judge people for thinking I’m vain. Some people like me, others don’t. Simple as that.” Cristiano ronaldo.
The 2014 FIFA World Cup group draw has been made.
Are you ready for Brazil?